The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
James Hart

I caught the bug...

Hey all, New guy from the Jersey Shore ( @rt37/rt70 circle for the locals)

The wife has always wanted a truck, we were chatting about them the other day and I got the itch.... I'm gonna do us up a daily driver as soon as I find the right one.

Definitely looking at a 73-87 Chevy/GMC, C10/20... but open to earlier stuff. 2WD, big block, fleetside shortbed would be #1 choice, longbed and/or small block would be cool too. Needs to be an automatic, the little lady ate a clutch when I tried to teach her stick back in the 90s

I'm looking to do lowered spindles but considering stock rear height (researching the negatives in handling). Not looking for mega HP or torque, just a nice solid grocery getter that will stop me from renting a Home Depot truck when I'm playing handyman. In my youth I build a couple SB with friends, I know I can do reasonable power/mileage/reliability without too much expense (relatively).

I've been reading this forum for a couple days and really look forward to getting to know some of you... and to actually have stuff to add myself. Thanks for all the pictures, I've been drooling over a LOT of your trucks
James Hart is offline   Reply With Quote