The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Amenson

'70 C10: Not a Project Truck...Ya Right!

Hello Chevy Truck World!
I recently purchased a '70 C10 as a work truck for building my new garage addition.

Truck Details from the PO:
It is a 3 speed on the tree, manual brakes all 4 drums, and manual steering. the truck has a little over 85000 miles on it. It has a 355ci with a little over 5200 miles. It has new brakes, springs, all suspension parts, bushings, all steering parts, radiator, heater core, gas tank, and it has excellent leather bench seat is out of a 71 C10 . The cab is rusty but i have another original 1970 cab with NO rust in primer with the floor pans rhino lined.

Extra parts:
back glass, window glass, and wing windows
wiring harness
grill and headlight bezel
steering column and wheel
door panels
many of interior parts like glove boxes and ashtrays ( 3 rubbermaid tubs full)
new chrome rear bumper
both doors in primer

The engine specs:
350 4 bolt main .30 over
speedpro pistons and rings
gm pink rods balanced, resized, shot peen, and arp bolts
stock cam and valvetrain
double roller timing chain
all new bearings, oil plugs tapped and line bored
Heads are gm 195cc double humps bored to 202cc, 64cc chambers, screw in studs, stainless steel valves, and new valve seals
edelbrock performer intake
600cfm carb
new high output hei distributor
msd wires
cast iron manifold but i do have headers

The expectation is that it is not to be a project truck but thanks you you guys, I already have a series of upgrades planned.

First on the list, to improve drive-ability, is to swap to power brakes/front disks and add power steering. I have read a load of threads on the forum about both of the swaps. Recently an '85 C10 popped up on Craigslist with a blown motor and rusty body for next to no money. I am considering purchasing it for the front end to get disk brakes and also power steering as both are reported to be recently serviced.

I have a question regarding the power steering pump. The potential donor truck has a 4.3l V6. Will the alternator and power steering brackets work on my 350?

My truck is a 6 lug and the '85 just happens to come with Ralley's which I intended swap to eventually anyways. I am assuming (please confirm) that the leaf spring rear end will not work with trailing arms. Any chance that the 5 lug rear axles will swap into my 6 lug rear end?

I am reasonably adventurous (Other Project) when it comes to swaps/upgrades but want to limit the truck to mostly mostly bolt projects for the time-being...at least until my garage is up.

Thanks for all of the great info on this forum

Cheers,
Scott
Amenson is offline   Reply With Quote