The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Fogline69

Help - new guy with post accident leak

Hi Everyone,

So, we were taking our second voyage in our "new" 69 C30 when someone was unable to stop the truck and ended up in a creekbed, sideways with a ton of grapes strapped on the back of the truck. We finally got it pulled out, but it wouldn't start. The tow truck guy said he thought it had vapor lock as it would not turn over and the engine seemed to be almost in gear when attempting to start, rocking in its mounts.

This was yesterday. Today I went out and found it turned over so got it started. When I did, lots of smoke came out of the exhaust. Also, when I opened the hood, there was a leak coming from the front of the engine. It seemed to be oil, but I was not sure. I checked the oil level and it seems quite high.

As I just got the truck in the last month, I haven't really gone through the whole thing. Mainly we cleaned it up a bit and slapped some new tires on it. Not too sure about the brakes at this point, but this significant leak has me worried.

BTW - 350 w a 4 speed.

Thanks for any help/advice you can all provide. Got some great help on my carb. issue a couple of weeks back.
Fogline69 is offline   Reply With Quote