The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
SSC's76
No No

One of those days!!!

Well been on the bike all summer to save some gas kinda nice to only spend 12 bucks every 2 weeks on gas but now its time to break the truck out for winter duty getting cold in the morning I might be able to make it to mid October on the bike but need a back up just in case. My battery had a dead cell would start when its warm outside lucky for me it only takes a few spins to get the truck fired up only a few times this summer i had to jump it or push start the truck. So the list for today new battery installed and cranks over great, new wiper blades and finally an oil change a full oil change and lube. Ive noticed some oil leaking thought it may have been the rear main seal. after changing the oil I noticed it was not a low leak but higher sure enough the adapter for the oil sender was loose good and bad good cause its a free fix bad cause BBC oil senders suck to get to!!! I figured I would yank the dizzy out make it a littler easyer to get to. Well 30 min latter and several burns had it all back in and fired up no leaks. well after going for a spin around the block figured all was well so parked the truck and on the ground a line of oil and a huge puddle the crappy line split... yup one of those days
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote