The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
sduckworth13

Title issues in Missouri

I got the title for my 1970 chevy truck today, I bought the truck from Ross but the truck was given to him by Steven that recieved the truck as a gift/donation from Jeff who lived in California which is where the truck/title is from. Using names so this doesn't get confusing. After Steven recieved the truck/title, shortly after he recieved the truck he blew the engine. But, he signed the front of the title. He didn't sign the back, not sure if it matters. Steven never got it titled in his name. Steven gave the truck/ title which still had Jeffs name on the title to Ross who never did title it because the truck had a blown motor and he had planned on fixing it. Ross decided to sell it, I paid 1200.00 for a truck that is pretty close to rust free in the cab, a small amount of rust through in the inner rockers so I had to have it. I've contacted Steven and he said that there are fees because he didn't title it after he signed and dated the title 12/18/2009. I have a bill of sale from Ross, which seems meaningless because the truck is registered to Steven. Steven wants a 100.00 fee to get the title worked out, on top of the fee he owes the license bureau 200.00. The fee amount is minimal, but its still cash I could use. Couldn't I just file for a lost title and the only fee I would have pay would be a lost title fee which is $20.00, I have the title in hand. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by sduckworth13; 09-17-2012 at 12:49 AM.
sduckworth13 is offline   Reply With Quote