The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
BlackedOut67shorty

Angry ....vandals

Well i went to take my truck to work yesterday night and 3/4 to the way to work, i notice my oil pressure was at zero( granted that it used to do this) so i just tried to keep my idle up but i noticed it took a lot longer to bring oil pressure back up. Never smelled any burning oil but when i got to work, i looked under my hood. nothing out o the ordinary except three of my valve cover hold downs were loose. only one that wasnt was the one that didnt have a handle. Now i know it could be from when i put the new gasket on, but i tightened them three times and i didnt even need to check the third time cause they were alll good, and why the one that wad the stud broken off was completly tight???

Well i had to go and get crappy oil from the gas station and put it in (10w30) and i got my oil back to normal levels but when it gets warmed up i get almost 0 psi.... I have an auto meter oil pressure gauge and its very accurate to my knowledge. So i told my landlord about it and moved my truck to my dads house. Idk what im going to do though, it isnt in my budget to get another motor but i think this one is too far gone. i know i wont ever run valve cover hold downs you tighten with your hands, id rather take extra time and use allen head bolts.
2000 mercury sable
Thats a how I roll
BlackedOut67shorty is offline   Reply With Quote