The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2003, 07:18 PM   #1
383drvr

Question 3 Line mech. fuel pump??

My '83 has dual tanks, Q-jet carb, and has a 3 Line mechanical fuel pump on the engine. Why in the heck is there a third line? The only thing I can come up with is that its a return line for an optional TBI system.... Any ideas? I'm just trying to simplify everything for when I do my rebuild, and would like to eliminate some of this nonsense....

Also, on a different subject, Is it ok for me to plug the vapor canister line that goes to the tanks? When I removed the canister and plugged that line last time, the tank selector valve split and spewed gas... Its possible that that was a coincidence, because the valve didnt work and was damaged to begin with, Its just that I dont want to go through having to replace it again.... (junkyards suck). Does plugging that line create pressure in the tanks that can crack the valve???

Thanks for listening
383drvr is offline   Reply With Quote