The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Help me get passed (lower) my 5/7 drop!

It's been hit on a time or two in my threads but I really want to address it now. Now that I have a 3 car garage, my truck doesn't get tarped up for the winter. This will be the first winter that I am going to really get some stuff done on it. A nice motor upgrade is just one of the things. The main thing is I am not happy with the truck's stance. I want just another 1" off the front and rear. Not much but I am told that the extra 1" will be only done with major modifications. I realize the back is a piece of cake. It's the front that seems to be the issue. Here is the setup:

'68 C-10 with DJM tubular lower control arms and 2" drop springs. The arms have a 3" dropped pocket. The truck rides great! Has drum spindle. DJM said that 2" spings was as much as I could go. They were right. As it is, my tie rods are as far up as they can safely go and still have a driveable geometry. I realize ideal is for them to be straight across. They are not. I would love to switch over at this time to disc brake. Seems like a simple solution to just get a drop disc spindle and be done. Maybe even get a 2"-3" dropped spindle and put an inch back into the spring to help the tie rod angle. Someone told me that the only thing I can do is to section the crossmemeber. That seems pretty severe to me for an extra inch.

What do you guys think????
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote