The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #11
Xeen

Re: Project#2 67-72 Restoration's Shop truck

If you are like me the work involved is the fun part because I like to create and when I restore something I try to improve on the original work and leave my mark on it hopefully for the better.
As far as a shop truck goes as long as you are diligent and keep to a yearly scheduled maintenance checklist on the truck it will literally drive forever and its condition wont deteriorate any further than it is when you finish it.
Also there is no reason why you cant improve on it here and there as you go along.
Here is some food for thought, as far as keeping the natural patina goes keep in mind that the shop truck represents your business and not everyone gets the "patina" thing as you know and people are judgemental by nature.
Psychology is complicated, some people may have a adverse reaction to the truck being what they would consider beat up and rusty.
You might want to consider painting it at some point when you can afford to do it, because there is virtually no one that would think "man he ruined it by restoring it" see what im getting at?
Anyway its something to think about and its just an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, so take it for what its worth.