The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2003, 09:56 PM   #1
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Post Differences in Carter Competition 600 and Edelbrock 600

A few years back I bought a new Carter 600 Manual choke, Damned good carb. By the way. Today I got the Edelbrock 600 Manual choke from Longhornman in the mail.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, That carter or Edelbrock, Manufactures both of these Carbs. There is little markings that are the same, the casting bosses underneath are the same Etc.Etc. the Rods and springs that make the adjustments on the jets so easy are one in the same, there is even the holes in the bowl casting on the Carter,where the Edelbrock name pop rivets onto. I haven't tried a jet change interchangability yet, But I'd be willing to bet, they will interchange.

I have wondered all along when looking at pictures and articles on these carbs if they may be. Well, For myself I'm satisfied. They are !!

If you knew this to be fact, would you spend the difference in money from the Carter Competition series manual choke 600 Cfm, to the Edelbrock manual choke 600??

I won't !!

Ron
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote