The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
1970 C10 MJW

do i do a full floor replacement or patch?

hey guys i haven't posted much i have had a lot going on lately, my dad has lymphoma, and my grandma has lung cancer, and changed jobs, its been a long couple of weeks, anyways I am trying to figure out what to do with the truck this winter, me and my dad usually work on it all winter, anyways i built a huge wish list on LMC truck, that comes up to over $2500, that includes re-upholstery and rubber floor mat etc, anyways i am trying to decide if i really need to do a full floor board replacement or if i should patch it, the big concern is the doors are getting hard to close, i know i need to replace the rubber body mounts, but also the cab support channels are all but completely rotten, as far as the floor i have a hole about 4" around where the pedal used to go, and i can see some light inbetween the kick panels and the floor... If i do decide to do this i will be taking it on mostly alone, cuz my dad is too sick to do much... but i do have friends to help me do lifting etc, anyways any advice would be great.