The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
pwrunt3pte

Remember safety when working on your truck

I just wanted to remind everyone about being safe when working on there truck today. I made a mistake today and it almost cost me my life. I've been working on a 1955 1st series GMC on and off for the past 2 years. I recently reinstalled a rebuilt BBC 468 and a rebuilt trans in the truck. I went out today to tie up some loose ends, and the truck fell off the jack. I forgot that the truck was in nuetral, and i chocked the back of the wheel to keep the truck from going backwards and forgot to put a chock in front of the wheel to keep it from going fowards. The truck slid foward and came off the jack as I was jacking it up. I do have jackstands, but i hadn't reached the height i was looking for. I'm mad at myself for making a simple mistake. The brand new rack and pinion I installed about 2 weeks ago has a hole in it now and the crank pulley is bent up. I just thought i would share this with everyone. Be careful!!!!!
pwrunt3pte is offline   Reply With Quote