The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
YoungBurb88

Unhappy Wounded, but not DRT

Had some "funny" business going on with the Burb on my way home from work Tuesday for which she gave no warning whatsoever.

Backstory: Replaced Valve Cover Gaskets as the the valvetrain got a needed adjustment, spark plugs replaced before that, Oil Change and Trans. Fluid/Filter Change done before the plugs. After adjusting valvetrain, found out the Burb needs motor mounts, bought them and a full set of Sensa-Trac Monroe shocks while I was at it (hadn't had a chance to put them in yet). All of this was done between last Friday and Monday this week.

Tuesday: In rush hour after about 20-25min driving time she starts overheating, looses all get up and go, and oil pressure drops. Get her pulled off at the QuickTrip, after about an hour I check it; Has plenty of coolant, not leaking from anywhere other than the radiator cap, oil is fine... nothing looks to be wrong, so I'm scratching the head... head home from there, after about another 20-25min driving, darn near home she does it again and I just baby it to the house. After a couple hours I check the fluid again and everything appears to be fine...... to say the least I'm bewildered and don't even know where to start looking.

Any ideas??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tim Hawkins - Free Bird Parody
YoungBurb88 is offline   Reply With Quote