The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
txinliner

Thumbs up Re: Buttercup '66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
an update is WAY past due. By now I think everyone has seen the truck.
So the motor I had in the truck had some SERIOUS blow back issues. I tore it down and found three broken top rings and a lobe on the cam was almost rounded off.
Before Goodguys I yanked the whole frontend and redid the firewall. It was painted and black and bugged the hell out of me. I used some custom mix rattle cans from the local paint store and it worked PERFECT!!!
I then tossed in a temporary vortec headed SBC just to get me there.
The old motor is getting an internal makeover. Its still going to "look" like the factory 283... but its going to be healthy :-) MUHAHAHAHA

I also had to do a little rust repair while the frontend was off... the lower cowl had a big hole in it. Top Banana hooked me up with the right part.

As for the rest of the truck... When the motor goes back in its getting a 700R4 and powersteering. A long with a CPP rear swaybar. I actually picked up the Steering box and Pump from Richards in Denton, NC this past Saturday. Other than that... Im going to lower the seat a little to give the Jewels a little extra room to breath :-)
love the stance and that you left the top of the cab alone.im really thinking about the 7 drop for the back of mine but the fronts gonna have to come up ( so i can get out of my drive way) youre truck is *****in
65c10 43,000 original miles ,230 stovebolt,powerglide,3" drop spidles 3" drop springs w/ half coil cut and 5 drop springs in back with 1 1/2 blocks... c notch soon to add hei offy 4 v intake and holley 390
txinliner is offline   Reply With Quote