The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2003, 02:44 AM   #1
Alorotom

Need help with a price

Today, a very nice mexican lady (she lives around the corner from me) slammed into my 1969 chevy c-10 stepside. The truck is primer coated and was in the process of being restored. She hit the darn thing going 60 mph causing a whole ton of damage to include a buckled cab. The drivers side of the bed actually split away from the rest of the bed and the frame looks like you could use it to draw a really large circle. The tranny and rearend broke after she had managed to push it 50 feet down the road (the truck was parked in front of the house were it normally sits) Unfortunately for me I just finished the engine a couple of months ago 400 sb pumped up to 460 hp. A real monster, but I love my truck and she was worth every penny.

Now on to my problem, I have no idea how much the darn thing is worth. I have dealt with the insurance company she uses before. They are a bunch of jerks and will of course be calling me to offer $400 salvage value. The problem I have is that I have only seen one other 69 stepside and the guy wanted $13000 for it. So any help at all would be appreciated.

Alorotom is offline   Reply With Quote