The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
usmccraig23

NEED HELP on my 68 chevy c20

Hey guys this is my first post... I just bought a 68 chevy c20 that has alot of work along with it........ we pulled the bed to sandblast and that is a huge project..... had to replace all wheel cylinders and all springs....and didnt know this but the rear axles inside the shaft have to come out to get the drums off.

Now im onto the ball joints and tie rod ends inners and outers...
NOW HERE IS WHERE I NEED HELP
The ball joints were factory so they were riveted...spent about 6 hours just tring to get the upper cut out and thank god finally did it....every single bolt is stripped and nasty as could be...its soooo bad the bolts just turn and dont do anything.. the A ARMS are to big to and the drums are also to big to get the biggest ball joint puller in there.
ITS THE BIGGEST just ridiculous project I could ever imagine but yes this is what I love...

Does anyone have any special tricks to remove the lower ball and or know anywhere to replace the actual whole drum assembly including everything but the A ARM. Please guys this is my last chance I want to get this project finished before I go to Afghan.

Please and thank you
usmccraig23 is offline   Reply With Quote