The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
c10truck

1970 c10 "fix it the right way" build

Quick history.... I have always loved this body style chevy when i was growing up. However, always found myself into 73 and up body style. I told myself when i was "grown" i would buy one!!!! Once i grew up i couldn't find a SWB 2wd Auto, all i could find were rusty busted worn out LWB 2WD 3 on the Tree. Finally found one on craigslist, the listing just said 1970 chevy truck for $800. Was i suprised when it was an all original 2wd SWB auto "not some auto added in the floor" but true auto on the column!!!! Here are a few pics when i got it. I did change the wheels so i could load it on the trailer
Name:  IMG_0770.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0988.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0773.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  54.1 KB

It does have some major rust issues that needs to be fixed, mainly on the pass floorboard. However, at this time MONEY is a problem that prevents the rust from being repaired. So crazy me decided to do a "youtube special" and try a roll on paint job. i guess to kinda cover up the worse spots. Somewhere in the middle of this crappy idea my sweet little 4 yr old ask me what i was doing. After explaining this to him on a 4yr old level, he then responded to me on a "grown man level" and says this... "DADDY, WHY DON'T YOU FIX IT THE RIGHT WAY?" And you know what? he was right!!!! So here we go with a FIX THE RIGHT WAY.

Name:  IMG_1391.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1388.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  50.8 KB
c10truck is offline   Reply With Quote