The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Graham57a

I think I just bought another one

So last week I found an ad on Craigslist for two 1970 c-10's for sale. The ad was short and left out a lot of details but it had three words that I can't resist. Tach, tilt, and buckets. I called the guy up figuring it was a newer knee knocker tach, maybe a true tilt truck, but definitely not true era correct buckets consider the low asking price for both trucks. After a five minute phone call it turned out that he bought the truck on ebay about 10 years ago and didn't do anything to it. He is the second owner and parked the truck in a barn and hasn't touched it since. I went to check it out today and the truck is a true numbers correct 1970 c/10 with tach, tilt, buckets, AC, PS, PB, hugger orange and white, lwb, all original truck. The only downfall is it needs rockers, cab corners, and cab supports. And the motor is pulled and in pieces but the original 350 blew up back in the 80's and was replaced with a newer model 350. I am going back Saturday with a trailer to pick her up and there should be pictures following.

I plan on converting it to a short bed, fixing the rust, and putting a 1970 numbers big block in it. This will be my original looking build. Gonna keep stock ride height, white walls, full wheel covers, just a nicely optioned original 1970. Stay tuned for pictures
Graham57a is offline   Reply With Quote