The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Killrdanasurfer

C30 9' Stepside new to me!!

Hey guys, been following this forum for a while, and spent all summer looking for a good drive able project for around town and to drive to work and school when it rains and can't take the sporty. Last night I picked up a 1966 US C30 9' step side. It has a rebuilt 250I, 4 speed (non original out of a 70's camaro as the PO told me) 14bolt from a 70's or 80's chevy (unsure of gearing) but it does hold speed at freeway. There is some cancer spots in the standard places.. Front brakes are power disk.. It made the 100 mile trip home last night, drove like a champ! There is some sway in the steering, also the steering will lock up if turned fully to the left (need to adjust the tie rods or something) and the brakes need to be bled or looked at as it pulls hard to the right when applied. Didn't have much time to take pics but here is one I took when I filled up with gas half way home..

I'll post more later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Killrdanasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote