The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
lost honda pro

Project Ginger - '78 C10 Shortbed

Hi everyone...

I'm a new C10 owner and figured the best place to introduce myself was with a build thread. I can't put a value on all the info I've learned from forums like this, so I'm also hoping I can pass on some of my knowledge and experience to new car guys out there.

My name's Tim, I'm a 28 year old mechanical engineer working in Tampa, FL. I grew up working on imports, and built my first Honda motor when I was 17. I sold the EK hatch when I got it just right (and got bored) and moved to the off-road group. I had a '97 Jeep XJ for ~3 years that I eventually traded in for an '05 Accord (current DD). I got the itch for another project, and came across this truck in Ft. Myers...

It's a 1978 Chevy C10 shortbed. It originally came with a 305 V8, but somewhere along the line got swapped for a 350. It's got long-tube headers, an Edelbrock aluminum manifold, and a Holley 600 carb. There's a decent amount of rust, lots of squeaks and rattles, cracked dash, etc., but I wanted this more for a project than a buy-and-drive, so it's no surprise.

I'll be updating this thread as I go. I've actually had the truck for a couple of months now, so I've made some progress already. Feel free to ask any questions, and if I can help or provide clarification I will.

-Tim
lost honda pro is offline   Reply With Quote