The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
1972BackInBlackC10

radiator info

im trying to figure out what rad i have so i can get the proper rad hoses, i cant seem to find the right info in my searches on here or good pictures

i dont have any pics of my radiator as its at my friends house but i can get some later today (mon) if needed, i dont think its the original to my truck since the truck used to have a straight six but the frnt clip was changed at one point from a 68 to a 69-72 gmc clip

what i do know is its either a 3-4 core rad, it fits in the rad supports and the rad hold downs fit it so i know its from these trucks, 3rd and final is the bottom outlet for the rad hose has an upwards angle to it and this is whats throwing me off, the rad hose that was on there didnt fit very well because of this, so im trying to find out if it came in a big block truck or maybe a 3/4 ton with a 350 and the years it came in so i can get a proper rad hose that fits

maybe we can start a sticky for the faq with the different types/styles of radiators and what year trucks they came in 4x4. 1/2 ton, 3/4 tone, 1 ton, bbc, sbc etc maybe even toss in some info on fan shrouds with the same idea too, im sure it would be a good and usefull sticky

i will get pics of my rad today
1972BackInBlackC10 is offline   Reply With Quote