The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
Rob H.

Re: Anybody switch over from new car and regret it?

I enjoy driving my 72 more than my 98 Tahoe, I feel safer driving it than the Tahoe it handles great and the 98 feels like a brick. When the 72 breaks down, I can diagnois it and have it going in a third of the time it takes to go through everything to figure out where to start on the Tahoe! Ok perhaps I'm exaggerating a little, depending on the breakdown. But the simplicity of our trucks compared to modern vehicles, to me, makes them more dependable in the long run. I don't see all the electronic and computerized systems on these newer vehicles holding up and being put back into service when they're 40+ years old. Granted modern safety features help save lives, but common sense, defensive driving and awareness of your surroundings will go a long way in keeping ourselves and others safe.
I fully intend to drive my truck everyday I can and go anywhere I feel like driving it!
1952 Super "A" Farmall (Grandfather's)
Rob H. is offline   Reply With Quote