The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #11
jimmydean

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Jimmy, years ago I ended up with a '84 C4, the original car had the cross-fire injection (bad) and the 4+3 slappy auto. It was a bad car (bad, as in not good) Most of it's technology didn't work. After much frustration, I gutted the car, Put in a tuned port 383, a 5 speed from a camaro, fabbed an aluminum dash with autometer guages (none of the digital worked ) Two Cerullo buckets, (again, the 28 way adjustable seats were crap) Along with gutting the dash, all of the climate control a/c came out, I put in a Vintage Air Mini unit. Weight dropped to 3100 lbs, and it was re-born as the killer of Z-06's It was a fun car street or track, but they do rattle alot
I bought the '94 to cut up for C4 Dropmebers and use the LT1 and 4L60E as well (my car was $4k). But after driving it, I fell in love. The updated interior and drivetrain saved the Vette (they talk about it in Chevy 100) and after chasing my buddy on the backroads in his C6, I know if I had an LS3 to match his LS2, he would be doing the chasing.

The truck will still get the engine at least. Thanks again, Rob. You are such a wealth of info and your track record shows you at least have some idea what you might be talking about.

<edit> And FYI, my car has zero rattles with the top on. Now if only the heater worked, I'd be golden.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote