The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
WH0DAMAN

Time to re-build the big yellow turd!!!!

Hello All,

I own a body shop in Silverton Oregon & have done many, many really cool cars for other people but never have had time for a toy of my own. I finally decided that I wanted to build an older Suburban because they look so cool. The timing works out pretty good as well since I am also building a 69 C10 Stepside for a customer & have A LOT of extra parts.

I picked this 1970 Suburban up from a guy that was the original owner for $800.00. He was definately NOT into maintaining things & hauled just about everything in it. All in all though, its in pretty decent shape. I have already dropped the front end 2.5 inches & installed front control arms & disk brakes out of a 72. The rockers are rotten so I have new panels waiting in the shop for it. The only other thing I need is rear doors. There is no rust in the doors but they are beaten to a pulp on the inside from slamming the doors into things that were obiously too big to fit inside the truck. It has a straight six in it now which is soon to be replaced by a recently aquired 454.

This should be a pretty cool project & I will take photos throughout the process. The plan for now is to paint the truck all black since that is kind of my theme with my 04 GMC Sierra Crew Cab shop truck.

Bob
Attached Images

WH0DAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote