The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Guinness_guy

54 GMC Pick-up

Ladies and Gents,

Thanks for having me on your forum. This is definately the most professional automobile forum I have been on. I have spent the last couple weeks lurking and soaking up as much information and knowledge as I can. All of you guys' build threads are awesome, and reading them has taken a few of my nights away that I will never get back

My name is Chad, and I am currently in the market for a project truck. I have my eyes set on a 54 GMC Pick-up. I am by every means a novice at older model GM trucks. I do have some experience in turning a wrench and doing some custom work. The last 12 years in the military have kept me away from my favorite hobby, therefore this year I intend on getting back to business.

There is an older gentleman here in NC that is selling quite a few classics. This truck is the only one in my price range. However, I would like to get an outside opinion on value (the best you can from a couple pics). All comments, critiques and advice will be appreciated.

-INFO-
54 GMC Pick up
407 with munsie 4spd
was a daily driver until a few years ago but still runs & drives
Asking price is $5500

Things you can't see in the pics
-pretty old plywood bed
-leather explorer seats
-original frame

Thanks in advance, I look forward to starting a build thread eventually and learning and contributing one day.
Attached Images

Guinness_guy is offline   Reply With Quote