The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #10
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

So we aired up in Gladstone and headed down the hill into Silverton. We found a place to have lunch, but Larry was the one to request a table and I don't think they liked him so they never called. In the meantime my boy and I went a block west and down a couple streets when we heard the train roll into town. When we got there the sky opened up and we got caught in a deluge of biblical proportions. Luckily there was a tourist store (believe it or not) and we sought refuge inside. While inside I noticed a decal on the window that reminded me of times past.

Ironically, or even sadly, I took the pic with a digital camera. Once the rain passed, we made our way back to the group and Larry found a place that would serve him so we all went over there to eat. We had a nice lunch and after we finished Larry, Lynn and Bill headed off toward home and we proceeded to wander around Silverton.

Gratuitous truck shot in front of the old Masonic Lodge:

We saw some neat vehicles while wandering too.

This is a Toyota of some sort. Not sure what, but it is cool (for a Toyota):

This is a M38A1 with an arctic kit on it.

An old International plow truck with a Coleman conversion on it:

With these markings on it, you know it successfully avoided the 'slide when it was runnin':

Looking out over the town:

Before we left we went down by the Silverton train station:

So with that, we pointed the truck south and rolled on out toward Durango. Along the way we stopped at a lookout and I got a couple cool pics of a storm rolling in:

It was a straight, vertical wall of rain just rolling ever-so-slowly along. We stopped in Durango for the night and stayed at the Caboose Motel again. It is a neat little place. We went downtown for dinner and got some ice cream for dessert. We wandered about a bit and when we were heading back to the room we were spotted (actually, the truck was spotted) by ryanroo who was sipping fancy coffee at a hip coffee establishment downtown. Unfortunately, I did not see him, so we missed out on meeting him. We then headed back to the room to figure out what we were going to do tomorrow