The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Steve's58'Apache

Understanding fuel tank relocation

Hello All,

I'm brand to to this forum and I really enjoy it! In the few days that I have been a member i have found SO MUCH helpful info. I have a 58' Apache
Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  68.5 KB

I'de really like to relocate the fuel tank to the under the bed, like a ton of others. I've read a lot on here about members using mustang tanks, I searched "mustang tank", read a lot of the threads.

I'm a super greenhorn to all of this, This truck was given to me by my uncle before he passed. It runs fine, there are some things here and there that could be much better. Im so glad to have found this forum and hope that some of you will be willing to help me in my journey to fix it up. I would like to move the tank to beneath the bed of the truck, but i'm not sure WHERE to begin. I found this mustang tank on ebay It comes with a sending unit, do I need this? or do I have to get another type of unit.

Also, I already know that i'm going to need to remove the wood flooring, the actual "bed" it self, but a lot of the picture I see, and members working on an in progress project. Do I, too need to strip the rear of my truck of everything except the chasis?

Thanks for any help.
Steve's58'Apache is offline   Reply With Quote