The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #36
76C10Stepside

Re: '66 Corvair "Marigold"

Thanks! Just put up a car canopy today (well, yesterday, now) to keep it dry. The rear window was leaking. Pulled the trim off and found the seal broken all the way around, just barely stuck on. Now I'll have a place to work on it and some elbow room.
Good news is the window channel is NOT RUSTED OUT! With all the other rust all over this car, I thought for sure it would be bad. Tomorrow I'll do a temporary fix, and tape the window with Gorilla Tape (glorified duct tape) to hold the glass in and keep the water out. Will probably tape the front cowel (below windshield) too. The gobs of bondo they "fixed" the rust with are cracked and letting in a little water.

Hey, anyone know if an aluminum rim can be straightened DIY style? Looks like they ran straight into a curb. Was thinking of trying some kind of clamps to slowly bend it back into round. They're two-piece Enkei with the star centers. Neat wheels. The rims are very thin and shiny, not thick like most mags. Gee, I need to take pics of these wheels...
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote