The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
66C06

1966 C10 Stepside Build: Project 66 C-06

Hey guys! I finally got some pictures of my truck! Just a little bit of history: It's a 1966 C10 stepper, I6, 3 on the tree (i like saying that!). I bought it from a feller that restores those old flat back wood boats that sell for insane amounts of money. I had been deployed early this year and had my Z06 at a friends house getting some work done. This gentleman also has my friend service his mercedes and his wife's 4runner. When I got back home from being deployed, I was over helping finish the heads and cam install on my car when he came over in the 66 to check on the 4runner. I immediately fell in love....with the truck...lol. I started off by introducing myself and the conversation led to his plans for the truck. He said he had no use for it and that it was his brothers who had been storing it in his back yard for the last 5 years. He told me that his brother had been wanting to sell it for a while but never committed to doing it. So me being the kind of guy I am told him I'd give him $1000 cash for it right then and there. He replied with the "let me ask him if he's serious about getting rid of it" line. So I waited, and waited, and waited, then eventually got redeployed back in september. About 2 weeks into september I got an email from my mechanics wife saying that he was looking for me to sell me the truck! I was like crap I'm in afghanistan wth am i supposed to do!?!?!? So I asked her if I could send the money via paypal and she pay for it. It was a done deal, and I has truck!!!! $1500 later (yea i know, where'd that extra $500 come from, lol) I am patiently waiting my return home in a month to get started on her!!!

The plan is a pro-touring restomod along the same scheme of my Zo6 only in truck format. So I am trying to source an LS7 which I will convert to a wet sump setup, mated to a TCI 6X 6 speed auto with paddle shifters! Porterbuilt touring dropmember coilovers all around with a moser 12 bolt and C6 ZO6 brakes. The paint will be Machine silver metallic (same color as my vette) with satin black accents. I have never done body work or rust repair and do not have the time nor the tools to do it unfortunately. I am going to have someone do the body work, my best friend who works as the lead painter at a F@$d dealership (I know, but he's a die-hard chevy guy) is going to paint it for me. All I will be able to do is tear it down, restore the frame, install all suspension, brakes, wiring, engine and driveline, etc.
66C06 is offline   Reply With Quote