The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
SS Tim

Special/Custom Two-Tone Paint

Does anyone have a Chevrolet or GMC pickup from '71-72 with the Custom Two-Tone paint factory option? Though I am not sure if GMC called it by the same name. Corrections there anyone?
It has been contended that production trucks were not made with this paint scheme for '71-72. Trying to come up with data or pictures Yes or No. If anyone has a dealer bulletin showing limited or non-availability I would really like to see it.
In '69-70 (and earlier) Chevrolet offered what was termed Special Two-Tone Paint. It had a white roof and white below the lower body moldings. Sometimes seen on trucks but more often Suburbans where it continued on through '72 under that name. On pickups however for '71-72 Chevrolet offered it as Custom Two-Tone along with the new Deluxe Two-Tone (white between the bodyside moldings).
It is shown in the '71 Chevrolet RV brochure and in '71 GMC Pickup brochures. Plus a '72 GMC Pickup brochure as well. Chevrolet Data books from both years offer it as well, as late as the Jan. 28,1972 revision.

The problem is it is not listed as an option. None of the two-tones are, only as paint code. So if you think we have a winner but are not sure post the paint code (or a SPID picture) and I will check for you.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote