The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
WadmalawJoe

My nothing finer than a 69r project

I bought my first 69 Chevy truck last month (oct. 2012).
I wanted to pay cash for a truck and spend less than $5,000 and didn't want to buy a 10 year worn out truck. I decided a classic truck would be perfect. As long as I maintain it, the value should either build because its a classic or at least hold its value. Plus they look freaking cool. I have a few methods of transportation so I don't have the pressure of keeping it running as a daily driver.
I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. I used C.L. as my source, plus looked around. There was several to choose from. I chose this one because both the motor and transmission have been recently rebuilt (allegedly, I will explain more later). All the other trucks would need motor work and lots of body work.
The truck is painted primer black. It looked good, had me thinking of having it painted a satin black maybe. Then I decided it would look more classic if I went with the regular white roof style paint job. I'm leaning towards red and white as of now (the day after a election day of our sorry ass communist president).
The engine is a 350, allegedly the original rebuilt block, I need to look at vin numbers and I keep forgetting. The transmission is the 400 automatic, allegedly original as well. Both engine and trans have been chromed out as in drain pans, valve covers, timing covers. I have just been wondering if they installed the chrome and called it "rebuilding the engine" . It does run good and shifts good. It has a edlebrock carb and intake as well.
I can go on and on so I will post some pictures and post more updates later.

My youngest son and I picked up a 69 Chevy C-10 on 1/7/22, this is my second 69, it was 10 years ago that I had my other one. So I知 back!!!
WadmalawJoe is offline   Reply With Quote