The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Blessed66

Follow-up to "Atypical Exhaust"...

I have found my "most likey" choice for the exhaust on my rig. As it stands, right now, I'll more than likely (about 90% set on this) be running chambered mufflers from the fine folk(s) at classicchambered. Short powersticks - after a lot of research and "ear" testing, allow for the main part of the sound I'm going for - and the actual muffler... well, that's going to be my secret for now.

I know there have been exhaust posts on routing the pipes, but what I'm going for is one of the 4 locations I marked off with my awesome MS Paint skills.

I will be dropping the truck and raising the bed floor substantially, so it's unlikely that I will have any issue running any of these combinations - I won't know until I get there, in other words.

What I'm looking for is "wow" factor, but not impractical.

Option 1) Roll Pan exit. Dual pipes, close together like Vettes and Vipers.

Option 2) L & R tailgate exit. Little more cutting than a roll pain exit, but bordering on impractical without good bezels/heat shields.

Option 3/4) Mid tailgate exit (above or below "GMC" logo) Twin pipe like Option 1, just how high or low the pipes actually exit at. I wouldn't think that would possibly affect the engine given my understanding of how pressure in an exhaust system works, but I don't claim to know it all.

BTW, I don't know who's truck this is, but I fell in love with her rear end.

It's really inspired me to follow suit.
Attached Images

Blessed66 is offline   Reply With Quote