The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Lost81c10

Tie rods won’t fit new CPP spindles???

I installed my 2.5 CPP drop spindles (from summit), but the tie rod ends don’t fit in the hole. Has anyone had any issues with this in either the CPPs or any other brand?
On Thursday I called CPP and a tech rep said to take a picture and send it to him so he could see that I had installed them correctly because the hole is tapered from top to bottom (wider on top and smaller on the bottom). i called while waiting at the airport so I could not send a pic then. Yesterday I called CPP again to ask if it would even be possible to install them upside down or left on the right and vice versa (I didn’t think it was possible but I had to ask since the rep asked for a picture) the rep said that it would not be possible that they would fit upside down but said that I would have to call on Monday to speak with the real tech reps. So we’ll see…
I took the spindles off today because I had cut my coils, but one round was too low for me so I had to get new springs. Thanks for any ideas or inputs on the spindle/tie rod matter.
Lost81c10 is offline   Reply With Quote