The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
qksilver

75/78 parts questions

I am not up on my square truck stuff. I know the mechanical stuff but trim and sheet metal not so much. I have a 78 2 wheel drive blazer that I am gathering parts to do an actual restoration because I think it is rare.

It has factory; P/S,A/C, P/W,P/D, tilt, Posi 3:73,rear roll bar, Cheyenne package, dual exhaust, 350, am/fm, heavy duty cooling package, towing package, side sliding windows,tach, cruise control etc. very well equipped.

I bought it with most of the stuff gone and have gathered pretty much everything missing. It needs front sheet metal and some floor work between the front and back seat.

I found a 75 P/U with a nice front end, grill, bumper, fenders and hood. It is has an inside hood release . I know it will all bolt in but will the 75 stuff be 78 correct? I can't afford to do a restoration on anything else and I always wanted a perfect correct restored truck. My 78 has a tube grill and from what I have seen the 75 grill looks like a 78, is it the same? the 75 grill is perfect.

I have also gathered some of the other rare factory options, like the snow plow package.

I am going to buy the 75 anyway but needed to know if I have to still look for a grill and would the inside hood release be correct for a 78? Plus it has a perfect, well almost, dash pad and dash cover uncut but the 75 didn't come will A/C, will I have any problems making the pad or the cover work in my 78, especially cutting out for the a/c ducts.

Thanks,
Steve
qksilver is offline   Reply With Quote