The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Jimmy4JP View Post
subscribing...just read this all the way through before work....wow

I will continue to use this for inspiration on my build...First new part...starter rebuild.....17.00 for the kit..9.00 in shipping....total spent so far....26.00

sound familiar?

thanks for keeping this thread going...its awesome!

JP
Thanks for following along and for the feedback. Good luck with yours.

I started the day with mounting up my freshly painted parts.

Now that thats out of the way I can get to the fun stuff.

I've had this idea in my head for at least a couple years. Even thought about doing it to my C-10, but got scared and backed off. This time I decided to go for it. I happen to have a 67 hood and and extra 72 hood to play with. They are too hard to sell, so why not experiment. What I did today was not that unusual, but this is only half the mod I have planned.

So far I have cut the skins off both hoods. Modified the front support of the 72 hood to shorten it about an inch in height and cut out some in the corners to clear the scallops of the 67 skin. I added a cross brace in the middle using a brace from yet another hood. I have the rear edge of the 67 hood skin hammered over to meet the rear flange of the 72 hood frame. I'll have to do some relief cuts and other work to improve the fit, but its getting there. Once I get the 67 skin to fit well enough, I'll be gluing it down to the 72 frame work and using countersunk rivits to hold it in place. After that comes stage 2.

Pics...

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote