The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
no_rice

rear bumper brackets...?

I believe I have found a white sport rear bumper for my 70 gmc shortbox (although its 3 hours from me atleast a friend there can grab it...)

But I got my truck with no rear bumper on it. It also is missing the brackets. I've been looking around at brackets and they seem to have made different versions depending on if its shortbox, longbox, coil or leaf spring rearend... if I am seeing things correctly anyway...?

But none of them specify what bumper the brackets fit... I would assume the old step style bumpers also have different mounts then the sport style I am wanting to put on?

For reference, mine is a 1970 gmc shortbox with leaf spring rearend. Seems like my only real option may be to buy new so that I'm sure I can get the correct brackets(hopefully) as opposed to miss identifying a set of used ones off something I may someday stumble across? Although id rather have used, simply because if i bought new, those would be the only shiny new parts on the whole truck and they would look out of place on the patina covered beast.

Any info on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
no_rice is offline   Reply With Quote