The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Redneck72

Family Tradition 1984 Scotsdale 4x4

Well I have been luurking around the forums for the better part of 3 years. I have finally convinced my dad to give me my grandfather's 1984 Scotsdale 4x4 that my dad inherited when my grandfather passed on. It has been housed either in a garage or a barn for most of its life so the body is in very good condition with very little rust to speak of. The worst spot of rust is on the doors where the windows come up. I do not have physical posession of it yet because I have to get my garage cleared out before I have him bring it up on a flatbed. But I wanted to get the rebuild thread going. Here are some really lousy phone pics. Unfortunately I forgot to grab my SD card for my Nikon. I will get better pics when i am back down for Christmas. Plans are to give it a 2-3 inch suspension lift and some 32s for tires on the wagon wheels after I get them sandblasted and powdercoated. I also plan on getting a bigger front bumper with a brush guard. Thinking of going gloss black powdercoat on bumper and rims. Going to remove the two barrel carb and replace it with a Holley or Edlebrock 650 and dual out the exhaust. Also going to remove all the smog crap. I am in Florida so I don't need all that power destroying crap. Going to put a mild RV cam in and rebuild the engine. Not trying to make it a power monster just a good looking dependable ride to pull the boat and ride around and look good in. I will clean up the few blemishes on the body and then repaint her with the original paint scheme that you see in the picture. Red over tan. Keeping the Bench seat just because I like it. Probably going to get rid of the steering wheel because I think it is hideous. Then one day I hope to pass this down to one of my children. Well on to the two pics I have for now.

This will not be a done in a couple of the months project but I will try to keep the updates coming as they occur. I am sure we all know about the tightness of ye ol' budget this time of year.

Paul
Redneck72 is offline   Reply With Quote