The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
rustbucket66

Re: Canadian Rustbucket 66

It's been a while, and there are a few things going on. The box is at a metalworkers having the boxsides fixed, and some changes to the tailgate. Pics on that coming soon. Bumpers and some other things are at the platers. Can't wait to get the stuff home, but it is always a big hit when you are picking stuff up from the platers. It drains your wallet fast. I have been installing the wiring kit, and have most of it in. I hid the wires and the washer fluid hose inside a steel tube under the inner fender. There is an aluminum giblet on the firewall that they come out of, then through a grommet and into the tube onderneath. I welded tabs on the tube front and rear, and mounted to the front hood hinge bolt, and an inner fender bolt at the rad support. Keeps wires and hoses out of sight and gives them protection from the water and dirt that the tire will fling around. Wouldn't work for a bagged truck, as the tire comes up in that area. If I did it again, I would have welded the big hole in the firewall, where the wires and hose come out, then have the hole come through the firewall where the inner fender goes around.
Attached Images

rustbucket66 is offline   Reply With Quote