The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
BiggSixx1970

Cause for concern?

Hey guys, 2 questions here

So, was filling up the other day, I have to fill up every couple weeks, every time I fill up I check my oil level. Every couple weeks I have to add about a 1/4-1/2 quart of oil to my truck. (Not too sure where it goes, It doesn't leak enough to even add up on the pavement and it always gets parked in the same place but there are a few drips on the ground. It also only smokes just a little when it first starts so it doesnt appear to burn much, no excessive tailpipe smoke.) Is this just another one of those things old trucks do?

My concern for writing this post: I check my dipstick the other day when I was filling up. Like clockwork, it's just as low as i thought it would be, and just as clean as ever. So I remove my oil cap to dump some more in and there is an accumulation of milky froth stuck to the cap.. Now I'm not the most experienced when it comes to engines.. But I know enough to know that's never good. So I added my oil, wiped that stuff off, putt he cap back on and acted like I didn't see that, lol.

I explained my situation to one of the regulars that comes to the bar I tend, he's a good ol' boy redneck and he said I shouldn't worry about it and it was probably just condensation because its been getting warm and really cold around here a lot.

Whatcha think, guys?

Thanks!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545486

Gentlemen wear a bow tie.
BiggSixx1970 is offline   Reply With Quote