The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
Skunksmash

Re: Tachometer , any cool ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugish View Post
4 in autometer in dash where fuel guage was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
That looks like a slick trick.... But, Where's the gas gauge now ?
I did the same thing sluggish did. You have to be VERY careful when you're wallerin' out the hole in the back for the deeper RPM gauge. It sits deeper than the fuel gauge did. But, it does fit perfectly. Autometer brand. Pro comp IIRC. You just put the fuel gauge where the clock was. Notice the hole in the lens for that clock knob. Or if you're lucky your lens has no hole cause you never had a clock. I'll be plugging the hole. Digital water gauge cause I was tired of the stock junk lying to me. Sorry about the low quality pics my camera sucks at night.

Hey sluggish. Does your RPM gauge seem like the needle doesn't go above 2k RPM's much? I was expecting it to act more like a normal tach but its a 10k RPM tach so its like the needle doesn't move around a whole lot. Or something. Did you notice this? I have tbi 350 with 700R4 and 2:73 rearend. lol. So maybe unless you really beat on it, it just doesn't go about 2k much. I can get it to go about 2500 rpm but it immediately shifts.
Skunksmash is offline   Reply With Quote