The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Smokin'Tires

Hard to Start Carter AFB

First off, Im new to the website. I have gathered so much info from you guys and finally decided to make an account. This is my second truck, my other is a '36 F@#D rat rod pick up I'm still working on. I always liked these trucks and picked one up and put the rat on the back burner to get this going.

Now to my problem,I put a carter AFB on my 350 with the edelbrock performer intake. The carb was on my truck when I bought it and had been sitting, so I had it rebuilt. Now the truck will not start after sitting for a day or even overnight. Once I pour some gas down the carb and get it warmed up I can turn it off and restart with no problem. It also stutters when I try to jump on it, but if I ease into the throttle there is no problems. Any ideas on what it could be? I was thinking accelerator pump but wanted some more opinions.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Smokin'Tires; 11-28-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Forgot some information
Smokin'Tires is offline   Reply With Quote