The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
jawzforlife

Bad noise from front wheel on 2WD

I have a 1990 C1500 4.3 2WD

Well first front passenger caliper froze and after fixing that I noticed my rotor was worped beacuse of the heat (It was glowing bright red, when the caliper froze). So then I got a new rotor. After I put on the new rotor, the shaking while braking stoped (from the worped rotor) but now I have a bad "squeek" (sound like the squeeker on your brake pads). It first I thought my brake pads were too thick for the new rotor, so I put on some older pads that were thinner, but that didn't solve it. So then I switched the new passenger rotor (and inner bearing) with the driver side rotor and inner bearing, still squeeks. Then I got new bearings for the passenger side, still sqeeks. So now the rotor, bearings, and brake pads have all ben changed with no luck. The only thing left to change is the spindal (hub assembally). Could the spindal become damaged when the caliper froze causing everything to get hot.

The noise is worse at 40-50mph, but is constant at any speed. I can hear it when I spin the rotor by hand (with out the caliper on).
Do you know what this problem could be, It didnt start until I replaced the worped rotor with a new rotor (but continued even after I wased the new rotor to the driver side)????