The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
dukcaln

Re: drive line vibration, 72 LB

ok, I do not know where or why this was missed, but I feel kinda stupid for not checking this in the first place. So I know the drive line I have on the truck as it sits after the TH400 swap is 70" from center ujoint to center ujoint (front behind trans to rear before diff) So I went out and measured the drive line I took off the truck when the TH350 was taken out and from center ujoint to center ujoint it is 70". OK, seems like a match. So knowing the yokes for the TH400 are larger, all I need to do is swap the current yoke for the TH400 onto the driveline I had on the truck before. This will give me the 70" total length I need and the correct yoke on the end for the TH400 spline.... How I missed this in the begining is beyond me... so the combination ujoint will be used to ad the TH400 yoke to the front of drive line and done!