The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
rtk434

New 60-66 owner here

Been looking for a new project for awhile. Something old and a little ratty that I can get in and drive and not have to worry about. This is tough for me since everything I bring home tends to turn into a body off resto. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Most recently I had a nice mid 12 second S-10 for my weekend cruiser. I got sick of that and really wanted something old. My wife and I both really like the 60-66 trucks so the search was on. I really wanted a short bed but wasn't finding anything good in the area. I found this 65 long bed and while it's a little banged up. It was a ranch truck from Wyoming originally it is very solid and unmolested. It's powered by a 292 with a 4 speed and has a posi rear. I have to check what ratio this weekend. I have a low 8 second street legal Camaro and work as a race car fabricator so the urge to put a big crazy motor in this thing is tough to fight, but I think a hopped up 292 will be cool and differant so that is the current plan. It could change at any second. Right now I just want to get everything mechanically sound and drive it a bit. So far I've went over all the lights and cleaned up and added a few grounds so I have reasonably bright consistant working lights. Today it's getting smaller mirrors and cleaned up some. Next will be lowering it and installing my 6" and 8" steelies with some repop caps. After that who knows. Sorry for the long post but I'm actually pretty excitied about this truck.

rtk434 is offline   Reply With Quote