The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Crx150zc

New Member, New Project, 66 c10

Yea, I get to tell you all about my POS rust bucket, Looking for a name to call my build some thing that says " I am cheap, I make mistakes, This might be the first chevy I have ever owned...... I normally work on hondas only" Feel free to make suggestions for my build name.

So far I have a rusted out 1966 C10 that I paid 1000.00 for, a 1987 suburban that made it 100 miles from the owners house to where it will soon be sacrificed to the c10 for 850.00 and I paid 200.00 for plates, I bought an economy heater? the one that mounts under the dash only from a 63 for 35.00, and I paid about another 50.00 for some front end parts that I can not even remember what I bought.

Here is the best part, I have not even gotten the 66 c10 to my house yet, the old owner said he would bring it into town for me for nothing but I would have to wait a week so I figure I will save my AAA tows for a later date.

For now I will continue to read up on others builds but being from Colorado I really felt that throttle body injection was the way to go. I know lots of ugly wires but not a lot of information on hiding the harness. Maybe I can do a write up on what I do.

BTW do you put you photos on photo bucket and just link them?

Need a want to buy section in the classifieds the guy I bought my 66 from has about 20 others for sale but the only other short bed I seen out there was a 61 and I think the dash is ugly on those. He also parts some out. Has some rare ones out there. Let me know if there is one truck every one is looking for and I can ask him.

Enough for my fist post.
wish me luck
Crx150zc is offline   Reply With Quote