The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
Bigffjoe

61 suburban 4x4 "the Crummy"

This is definitively a project for me, little by little I will get issues fixed up and/or upgraded.
I'm currently working on: getting the motor reliable, the main fuel tank, head light wiring, heater, general clean up. I have recently replace all 4 brake cylinders and master cylinder and cleaned up the carb.

This is all scrapped off, now to find another one, I think this tank may not be stock, most of the pictures I have seen for this pickup tube/sending unit float is for a newer model rig.

I am working on trying to find more history on my suburban, from the green paint that can be seen under the hood and the door jambs, it might be a old forest service rig, that might explain the two extra fuel tanks(aprox 75gal I think) to be out in the woods. Also with some extra stamped numbers on the vin tag, suggusted by a member that also seen the green, as maybe their way to inventory it.
CList stuff. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=428759&page=7
Bigffjoe is offline   Reply With Quote