The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
Wow! I'm blown away at how straight that truck is! It must have been garaged its whole life and hardly used. I can't believe how little rust it has!

Talk about finding a gem!
I was quite happy to find it! I had to pay a good bit more than I had originally planned to spend on a truck, but it was worth it since I won't have to do a ton of rust repair and I won't have to paint the whole truck, just blend in a few places. With a little buffing the paint even has a slightly faded shine.

The front edge of the hood has rust and I'll probably go ahead and pull the vent boxes off the sides of the cowl like pdxhall did in his build thread to make sure there no rust hiding in there. Other than what little rust it has, the only other "major damage" is the extra holes drilled in the doors for west coast mirrors.

The guy that owned it it's whole life owned the downtown Esso station and kept it inside when they didn't had an open stall. He must have pampered it since the inside of the bed is very straight and even the inside of the tailgate only has a few small dings. My dad and some of his friends have said that they remember the truck sitting in that station since it was near their high school. It had about 85,000 miles on it when the PO took it apart.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote