The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Jonny P

Question Looking for some advice. Hoping to avoid another expensive mistake!

So i'm very new to working on vehicles. The 67-72 chevy has always been my favorite vehicle and i fiinally got to try to fix one up. I was sold the truck as a 71 and quickly learned that it is a 70 after ordering some of the few things that are not interchangable. I also had a miscommunication with my local speed shop guy when ordering a lowering kit. I received a 4/6 drop instead of 1/3 drop, thought I would try it anyway but it is just to low for me and my local roads. So far I have spent alot on parts that are of little use. I have learned that just because some works on some vehicles that doesn't mean they know about all vehicles. I want now to start simple and just get a suspension refresher kit like the one from LMC that has springs, ball joints, hard ware and so and also some poly or rubber bushing. I would like some advice on which vendor and kit has good quailty, fitment and knowledgable staff, any insight would be helpfull. thanks
Jonny P is offline   Reply With Quote