The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Looking great!!

Interesting lighter, it looks like it's billet, is it?
You noticed that huh? Nothing as fancy as billet. I just cleaned the black off on my wire wheel. It was kind of a fortunate accident. I pulled a lighter out of the parts stash, and the black looked dirty and chipped. So I was just cleaning it up to paint it, but liked how it looked when it was cleaned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Maaan, that's comin out nice! Are you hauling it to the bodyshop to shoot the outside?
Posted via Mobile Device
That's the plan. If I ever get back to doing body work.

After that last update I went out and finished spraying the seat brackets and got the seats in place. I decided that I want to raise the back mounts about 3/4" for a more comfortable seat position, so I'll be making some spacers to accomplish that.

I finally pulled the seat covers out of the boxes that I bought for this. There are some pluses and minuses. The positives are that they slip on and fit pretty good front to back and top to bottom. And with some string wrapped around the transition from seat back to bottom cushion it should stay in place alright and protect the seat from rain. The negative is that the bottom part of the cover does not wrap around the sides towards the back part of the seat. It wraps around the front bottom but then tapers upward so you can still see the old nasty vinyl cover on the sides. It is just temporary until I can afford to have the seats covered in marine grade vinyl. Even if I find different seats (not looking) for it down the road they would also be recovered in the marine grade stuff.

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote