The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

My truck is causing a dilemma on me. Please help!

Guys I don't know what to do anymore. I got so many plans for my truck that I've even started on a few. But the problem is that when it gets to the point where I need to paint something. It stops me in my tracks. I guess you could say I'm a chicken when it comes to painting. It's not that I'm a bad painter, its just I don't want to have to redo it if I don't like the color. I know I'm going to have to most likely redo a lot of stuff, but paint is expensive and I'm so stuck on colors that its holding me back from laying some paint down.

If you have run into this problem, tell me what you did. Cause it's holding me back from getting the truck closer to being complete.

I have ideas of the color I want the body to be, but as for the interior and engine bay, I'm clueless cause I want it to all match really well. I'm not very good with colors.

I'm almost to the point where I'm just going to throw out all my ideas and do something entirely different.

Reason why I want it to be exactly the way I see it in my head is because I'm building this truck in memory of my Grandpa. He and I spent 3 weeks putting the truck together and putting the BIG MOTOR in it and getting it running. 1 week after we got it running and all, he passed away. So I'm really, really picky about what I'm doing to it.

I spend weeks thinking of one idea and weeks wondering if I should do that idea or not.

So anyways, enough of me rambling. I need some help on what I can do so I can just build the truck and paint it.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote